Monday, July 18, 2005

Switching Topics: Music

Everyone is a critic. I like anything (occasionally I'll tolerate country). Seems to be alot of bloggers come out with their top 100 albums of all time. I can say that I have a list of albums I can't live without or songs I have to hear everyday. I know when I was a MC Hammer junkie I wore out "Please Hammer Don't Hurt Em" so much that I bought the album 3 times!

These are the albums I cant live without (no particular order)

"Cleansing" by Prong- I went 6 months without this album and I went delirious.
"The Bleeding" by Cannibal Corpse- I saw these guys in concert after this album came out...they rock!
"Vulgar Display of Power" by Pantera- I still think this is their best album...it's a mood-breaker.
"Bloody Kisses" by Type O Negative- I used to play Black No. 1 every Halloween
"It Takes A Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back" by Public Enemy- Chuck D is one of the best rappers of all time. I learned a lot of my black history from this album,since the public school system doesn't teach it.
"Master of Puppets" by Metallica- Real true Metallica before they eventually "sold out". Disposable Heroes is my favorite song as well as Cliff Burton's from what I have been told.
"De La Soul Is Dead" by De La Soul- I picked up this album while I was doing boot camp at Fort Jackson,SC. I think it is better than "3 Feet High and Rising".
"Demanufacture" by Fear Factory- I am so glad these guys decided to make a comeback! I saw these guys with Sepultura on the day Kurt Cobain killed himself.
"Beneath the Remains" by Sepultura- This was their best album. It will rock your socks off!
"World Demise" by Obituary- My younger brother won tickets to see these guys by accident. Lucky guy!

This list is not complete, I'm sure I'll be adding a few more albums as time goes on!

I know Cal Ulmann has a blog entitled "Where Libertarianism and Hip-Hop Meet". I know there are a few hip-hoppers that spout libertarian-minded messages and don't realize it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home